Treasure Hunt Mommies desires your Drop off & Pick Up to be as streamlined and efficient as possible. Please read the information below. By understanding how the process works, you will help us keep these times as fast and organized as possible.
We highly recommend that you print a copy of this page and bring it with you to the sale on drop off day (as a handy reference, just in case you need to refer back to it).
Before you bring your items to drop off:
NOTE: Consignors will be responsible for placing their items on the sales floor. Please keep this in mind as you decide when to come and plan your time accordingly. Generally 100 items equals 30 – 45 minutes at drop off.
- Have all of your items clean, pressed, hung and tagged. Clothing should be grouped by gender and size.
- Bring a self addressed stamped envelope – this is how you will receive your check for sold items after the sale (checks mailed within 2 weeks).
When you get to the sale:
- Look for the “Item Drop Off” sign on the doors. Leave your items in your vehicle and come in to the check-in-table.
- At the check-in-table confirm your volunteer shifts, leave an envelope for your check to be mailed and receive your Consignor Presale pass.
- Once you have checked in, you may bring your items in, proceed to the inspection tables as directed. A volunteer will check your items for seasonality and blemishes.
- Once all your items have been checked they are ready to be placed on the sales floor. All consignors should come with enough time to put their items on the sales floor in advance of closing time. Consignors must vacate the building at the end of drop off hours. If volunteers are not busy they will be happy to help you with placing your items on the floor.
- After all of your items are inside the building, you will be assigned an inspector who will inspect your items.
NOTE: We may randomly scan a few of your items to make sure that the barcodes will scan at check-out. If your barcodes are NOT scanning, we will re-print your tags and ask you to staple readable barcodes on top.
- You may be given back items that we cannot accept.
- Please do not negotiate with our volunteers to take back these items.
- Please do not be offended if we return something to you. It is very easy to miss a stain or small hole.
- As your items are inspected a volunteer will direct you to place the items on the sales floor. You are finished with check-in once all of your items have been placed on the sales floor.
Before you leave:
Please leave a box or tub if you have small items and if you are coming back to pick up unsold items – you will be directed to the appropriate area. The tub should be labeled with your consignor number written in large numbers on the short end or written on a piece of paper and taped to the short end of the tub. Please do not leave a lid.
- We no longer have room to store boxes or tubs – take them with you, please.
- Take any items that we were unable to accept with you.
Pick up instructions:
- Consignors have the option of picking up their unsold items. Items not picked up will become property of Treasure Hunt Mommies to be donated to a local charity at their discretion. If you know you would like to donate some or all of your items please mark those items when entering your item into the pricing system. This is very helpful because it allows us to know which unsold items do not have to be resorted by consignor number when the sale is over.
- Stop at the check in table and then proceed to the re-sort tables and find your number.
- We may begin to resort items, however you are responsible for collecting all of your items – plan enough time at pick up to retrieve all of your remaining goodies.
- Large items may be separate.
- Please make sure you collect all of your items. Double check the “lost tags” and “pulled from sale” areas too.
- We are not responsible for any items you forget to carry out.
- To protect all of our consignors we will check items for consignor number before each consignor leaves the building.
- There will be a lost and found area that we encourage you to look through before you leave.
- Lastly, because our time is limited to move out of the building, all items remaining after the close of pick up time SHARP will be donated. Doors will be closed and locked on time and pick ups will no longer be available. We appreciate your punctuality and understanding.
- Consignors have the choice of donating all items which are unsold at the end of the public sale.
- Simply indicate the item is for donation while creating your price tags.
- Thank you for your generosity! Learn more about Our Charity.